The focus of our actions is a water passage with sustainable energy generation. Fishcon, based in Linz / Upper Austria, was founded by Bernhard Mayrhofer in 2018. In a short period of time, the company has received several prestigious awards, most recently in autumn 2020 with the Allianz Environmental Prize. Fishcon develops and sells space-saving and cost-saving alternatives to conventional migration aids that are used in transverse structures.
"We prove that ecological water protection and the use of hydropower can be combined in a sustainable way!"
Bernhard Mayrhofer MSc
+43 650 9401368
Ing. Clemens Kaltenböck
+43 676 3881170
Thanks to many years of experience in the fields of energy, electrical engineering, metal and wood, the family business in the 4 th generation is a competent partner. KFD’s top priority in all activities is careful and respectful interaction with nature, fellow human beings and the environment.
“The shared knowledge of hydropower, sustainable energy generation, metal and the environment help us to realize any project. We have already been able to implement some pilot projects through good cooperation. Around 60 competent employees support us in realising projects in harmony with nature.”
– Cooperation with first partners for international sals and distribution
– Further Fishcon locks could be implemented
– Five further projects with Fishcon locks were submitted
– Function of both Fishcon locks could be proven
– Market launch and start of the development of further products
– European patent obtained
– Implementation of the Fishcon lock on the Aschacharm
– Start of turbine development with Graz University of Technology
– Founding of the Fishcon company
– Technology has been successfully investigated by the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
– Patent received in Austria
– Idea for a new fish pass
Find out more about the technology, advantages and function of our patented 2-chamber organism bypass.
Our pilot systems were awarded top marks. Find out more about our reference systems.